Classes are held each Sunday morning, 9:15am - 10:15am
The Godly Play program, which applies Montessori methods to children in preschool and kindergarten, creates sacred space for children and adults, provides the tools for religious language and fosters creativity and imagination. Godly Play is deeply rooted in Christian faith, language, symbols, and stories. At the same time, Godly Play offers a spacious environment in which children can wonder, explore, and encounter the Sacred on their own terms. It is a discovery method that engages the whole child-hands, heart, mind, senses and intuition.
A Godly Play session includes time to:
- tell a story using objects
- explore the story more with open "wondering" questions and discussion
- respond with a free choice using a variety of materials
- share a "feast"
Imagine someone who...
- creates a space to think big
- learns as well as teaches
- doesn't always know the answer
- builds a community
- enables children to make connections
- is open to the unexpected
- slows down the pace
- provides the tools then stands back
To enroll your child in Godly Play, please contact Terese Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for youth or adults to join this important ministry. You can become involved in the classrooms as a teacher or an assistant. Consider sharing your gifts for music, creative writing, art or storytelling. We welcome all your talents!